Arm Lift Surgery is also known as Brachioplasty. This surgical intervention aims at reducing the circumference of upper arms by removing excessive lax skin. Basically, arm lift surgery targets what is generally referred to as ‘bingo wings’. This cosmetic procedure is most commonly performed in conjunction with liposuction in order to improve overall contour of arms in proportion with the body. Suitable for both men & women, arm lift surgery is normally performed on patients who have undergone sudden fluctuations in weight.
What is Arm Lift Surgery?
As one ages several biochemical changes in the body coupled with effects of stress & other factors leaves the skin to lose its elasticity. Everyone desires a youthful and flawless appearance & one of the ways to achieve this is by having shapely contoured arms. Over a period of time, arm skin can become flabby & loose. An arm lift is a magical elixir for correcting & tightening sagging arms in order to restore firmness. Arm lift is a cosmetic surgery procedure where the excess fat & skin from arms is surgically removed. Arm lift corrects imperfections of arms when an individual is not satisfied with the visible appearance of arms, the reasons of which could be many as the following.
- Weight-Loss: Intense weight-loss resulting in sagging skin.
- Stretched Skin: Stretched skin due to age factor.
- Fat-Pockets: Unswerving fat pockets that don’t dwindle even with healthy diet & exercise.
- Dilemma in Day-to-Day Life: When bulging arms cause unhygienic conditions & become troublesome for appropriate functioning of the person’s routine activities.
- Displeasing Arms: Candidly for a desire of toned & beautiful looking arms.
Fluctuations in weight, aging & heredity can lead arms to have a drooping appearance. This condition cannot be rectified by exercise. Arm lift surgery may be right for such candidates who are looking for the following.
- Better Physical Appearance: More youthful appearance by correcting sagging arms.
- Toned Skin: People who have lost skin elasticity due to aging & wish to have firm & tight arms.
- Removing Sagging Folds of Skin: Ideal for patients with excessive & sagging folds of skin after weight loss.
- Physically Healthy Individuals: Ideal for Patients who are not extremely overweight.
- Realistic Expectations: Patients who are emotionally stable & have more realistic expectations with arm lift surgery.
- Standard Arm Lift: Standard technique comprehensively removes excess skin & fat from armpit to the elbows.
- Extended Arm Lift: This is congruent to the standard procedure but removes unwanted fat & skin from arm pit along the side of chest wall as well with normal arm skin & fat.
- Minimal incision Arm Lift: This technique is for patients who have moderate amount of skin sagging & less fat to be extracted. Fat can be easily expelled through liposuction. The super fluent skin is withdrawn and tucked underneath the arm where the scar lies deliberately.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can be an alternative for unwanted fat in arms but with skin that is supple enough to shrink back to its genuine form. If this is not the case, then it can be an added method with normal arm-lift procedure.
In preparing for arm lift surgery, the plastic surgeon may ask patients to take the following precautions.
- Get a medical evaluation.
- Have certain medications.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin & certain supplements as they can increase bleeding during & after operation.
Arm lift surgery may be performed in a hospital, an accredited office-based surgical facility, or ambulatory surgical center. Patients must also arrange for someone to drive them to and from surgery, and to be there with them for at least one day after surgery.
Patients can use the following checklist as a guide during an arm lift surgery initial consultation.
- Are you a certified cosmetic surgeon?
- Were you precisely trained in the field of cosmetic surgery?
- How many years of training have you had?
- Do you have hospital grants to perform cosmetic surgery? If so, at which hospitals?
- Am I a good candidate for Arm Lift?
- What will be expected of me to get the best outcomes?
- How will you perform my procedure?
- What surgical method is advised for me?
- How long of a recovery timespan can I expect?
- What are the complications & risks associated with my surgery?
- How can I expect my arms to look over time?
- What are my alternatives if I am not satisfied with the result of my arm lift?
- Do you have before & after pictures that I can look at?
- What results are reasonable for me?
- Anesthesia – Medications are administered for comfort of the patient during arm lift surgery. Choices include anesthesia & intravenous sedation. Surgeons will recommend the best choice for each patient. However, surgical procedure for arm lift is done under general anesthesia & takes nearly an hour to complete.
- Incision – Arm Lift Surgery is done by executing an incision along the inner side of the upper arm. The cosmetic surgeon will take out the excess fat, skin & tissue & stitches the incision back to provide nice shapely arms to patients. This incision reckons on the amount of excess fat & skin which will be needed to be extracted. Usually, incisions are made on the back or inside of arms. It then continues down from underarm just short of the elbow.
- Outcome – Underlying tissues are restructured & tightened to deliver a smooth & firm contour. Usually, arm lift procedures employ conventional surgical methods, although liposuction surgery can also be used if large regions of unwanted fat are being targeted for elimination.
During the recovery period from arm lift surgery, bandages or dressings may be applied to patient’s incisions & their arms may be wrapped in a compression garment or elastic bandage to reduce swelling following surgery. A thin & small tube may be briefly placed under skin to drain any excessive fluid or blood. Patients will be given proper guidelines on how to care for drains & medications to aid healing, definitive concerns to look for & when to follow up with the surgeon. Most patients can return to normal activities within three to four weeks after arm lift surgery.
Decision to undergo arm lift surgery is extremely personal, and patient will have to decide if the benefits, potential complications & risks of arm lift surgery are acceptable. Patient will be asked to sign consent forms to confirm that he/she fully understands the risks involved.
Arm lift surgery risks include the following.
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Severe bleeding
- Unsightly scarring
- Poor wound healing
- Fluid accumulation
- Damage to blood vessels, nerves, & muscles
- Fatty tissue under the skin might die
- Changes in skin sensation
- Persisting pain
- Irritation, drainage & redness of skin
- Potential need for revisional surgery
These risks will be fully discussed prior to patient’s consent. It’s necessary that the patient should address all his/her questions directly with the plastic surgeon.
Tighter & velvety contours that result from arm lift surgery are visible almost immediately following procedure. Initial outcomes will be obscured by bruising & swelling & a scar will remain where the incision was made. Majority of patients experience the following outcomes following arm lift surgery.
- Improvement in their self-esteem alongside high self-confidence.
- An attractive appearance of arms.
- Greater access to different clothing fashions especially swim suits, dresses, tank & sleeveless tops.
- Less self-conscious at public places like beach or gym.
- Presentable & natural appearance that lasts the rest of their life enhancing beauty.
Why Choose India for Arm Lift Surgery?
Medical tourism in India is the latest form of niche tourism market which has been rapidly increasing in recent years. India has emerged as a health paradise to international patients willing to get arm lift surgery at the most competitive prices which are only one-third of the total cost that one has to pay in other developed nations. Tip-top & highly accredited cosmetic surgery facilities are a feather in the cap of this incredible country and its proximity to best surgeons act as a catalyst for delivering medical tourists with the best healthcare. Travcure medical tourism has been recognized as a prime medical tourism organization in India offering inexpensive & splendid medical treatments to one and all.
Quality Policy at Travcure Medical Tourism
- Deliver top-notch patient care through medical excellence.
- Build a patient-centric environment.
- Ensure high safety & standard of treatment during the patient’s stay.
- Following strict protocols to choose best cosmetic surgeons for patient.
- Helping the patient to enjoy a hassle-free medical tour.
Additionally, after treatment, Travcure may also provide holiday packages on the request of patients for their rejuvenation and recovery. Travcure is a focal point rendering holistic treatment with international living standards so that overseas patients find home away from their home.
To Get Free Quotes & Consultation For This Treatment in India
Call Us: +91-8600044116
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org