Arms and Calves Liposuction – An Overview
An arms and calves liposuction procedure is a purely cosmetic surgical procedure that is useful to tone the upper arms and the calves in the legs into more attractive contour. This procedure is usually performed after the patient has undergone a drastic weight-loss or after pregnancy there are stubborn small deposits of fat in the upper arms and the lower legs.
Candidates for Arms and Calves Liposuction
This cosmetic procedure is mostly done on women who are conscious of their upper arms being too bulky or not proportionate to the rest of the body.
The arms and calves liposuction procedure aims to:
- Decrease the circumference of the upper arm and the calves to make them proportionate to the rest of the body
- Improve definition of muscles
- Tighten loose skin on the upper arm and lower legs (calves)
- Enhance your self-confidence
- Provide thinner upper arms and calves at relaxed position
The main key to restore the contour the arms and calves is not to remove the fat completely, but it is to sculpt these areas of the body using targeted liposuction to give the upper arms and the lower legs a more proportionate look.
Types of Arms and Calves Liposuction procedures
Ideally, a liposuction procedure involves using few very thin and blunt-tipped tubes (cannula), that are inserted into a very small (keyhole) incision in the required part of the body, to suck out the stubborn and small fat deposits found just under the skin.
There are a few different techniques that can be used to perform an arms and calves liposuction treatment, such as:
- Tumescent Liposuction – This surgery requires numbing the underlying fat deposits in the upper arms and the calves with a solution of some local anesthetics. This makes it painless and more convenient to use the cannula and remove the numbed fat deposits.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction – This technique uses high-frequency sound waves to target the stubborn fat deposits in the upper arms and the calves (lower legs) which dislodges them and makes it easier to use a cannula to remove them.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction – This method uses low-energy laser beam to target the small fat deposits in the upper arms and lower legs (calves). The heat generated by the laser beam liquefies the fat deposits and makes it more efficient and easier to remove the liquefied fat.
Liposuction is usually done as an outpatient procedure and the patient can go home the same day after the surgery.
Recovery after Arms and Calves Liposuction procedure
After the surgery the surgeon will cover the upper arms and lower legs with compression bandages in order to reduce any accompanying swelling or bruising as well as relieve pain. The doctor might suggest wearing the bandages for around 5-7 days till after the surgery to let the swelling and bruising settle down completely.
Normal everyday activities can usually be resumed once the patient feels able to move the arms and legs without pain or discomfort.
Risks associated with Arms and Calves Liposuction procedure
A liposuction procedure on the arms and calves, when done by an experienced and well-trained cosmetic surgeon can reduce the chances of any risks or complications significantly, however there are still a few complications associated with the surgical part of the procedure that might, in very rare cases, arise.
These are a few of the risks that are associated with the surgery process for arms and calves liposuction:
- Minor scarring and skin irritation at the incision site
- Temporary bruising, swelling and soreness around the incision site
- Rippled/Baggy skin around the operated area
- Anesthetic allergy
- Discoloration of skin
- Uneven surface of skin around treated site
- Nerve/skin damage due to the use of laser of heat technique for the procedure
This procedure is an effective way to give a more proportionate appearance to your upper arms and the calves (lower legs) but it needs to be kept in mind that the successful results may be of no use if the patient puts on excessive weight after the arms and calves liposuction surgery. This weight may also result in fat deposits growing in alternate places that are deeper under the skin, such as around vital organs and blood vessels which might result in more grave consequences such as heart problems and stroke, etc.
Connect with Travcure for Efficient and Budget-friendly Arms and Calves Liposuction Treatment in India
Travcure is India’s best and largest healthcare treatment tour providers. The expert team of consultants at Travcure has an extensive experience in arranging for the most efficient and affordable medical tour for thousands of patients from abroad who visit India each year. Travcure is well-connected to the large network of multi-specialty cosmetic healthcare facilities spread across all major Indian cities such as Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, etc. The combined efficiency and coordination between Travcure and the numerous cosmetic specialty hospitals and clinics in India makes the arms and calves liposuction in India all the more convenient and affordable for the patient.