With advancement in the field of science & medicine, breast augmentation & breast implant surgeries are becoming popular & happening at break-neck speeds. Many researchers state that women envy those who have large breasts since it is considered as a symbol of sex appeal. Therefore, breast implant applications are being used to surgically modify the shape, enhance the size in term of volume & improve the feel of a woman’s breasts. Breast augmentation surgery is a quick easy fix for women who may think that they are not meeting up to the ideal body image & it can tremendously boost their self-confidence. In addition, breasts that are unequal in size due to congenital deformity or trauma may also be rectified with breast implant surgery.
What is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast Augmentation is a surgical procedure that involves using breast implants or fat, called as fat transfer breast augmentation, to enlarge the size of breasts or to build up breast volume that has been lost after pregnancy or weight reduction procedures. Breast implantation is generally performed to make breasts typically larger for beauty purposes. Breast augmentation can help achieve the following purposes.
- Increase projection & wholeness of breasts.
- Reform balance of figure.
- Magnify self-image & self-confidence.
Many women desire to undergo breast implants or breast augmentation surgery, but not all are good candidates for this procedure. Ideal candidates for breast augmentation surgery include the following.
- Sound Health: Women who desire to undergo breast augmentation surgery should be physically fit.
- Asymmetric Breasts: Women having asymmetrical breasts.
- Irregularity in Breast Shape: When one or both breasts have an elongated shape or failed to develop normally.
- Discontent with Appearance of Breasts: When one is dissatisfied with their breasts losing volume & shape after pregnancy, aging or simply after weight loss procedures.
- Low Self-Esteem Due To Small Size of Breasts: When a woman is bothered by feelings that her breasts are too small, she can opt for breast augmentation cosmetic procedure.
- Saline Breast Implants: These implants are packed with sterile salt water. They grant an orderly shape, feel & firmness & are authorized for breast augmentation surgery among women age 18 years or above.
- Silicone Breast Implants: These implants are packed with silicone gel. Silicone gel feels just like natural breast tissue. In case of leaking of implant, gel may stay inside the implant shell, or may outbreak into breast implant pocket. Even if the implant leaks, it will not collapse. One may need to visit a cosmetic surgeon on a regular basis to make sure these implants are functioning perfectly. MRI screening or an ultrasound can assess the status of breast implants. Silicone breast implants are authorized for augmentation surgery among women age 22 years or above.
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants: Form-stable implants are known as gummy bear breast implants because they retain their shape even when the shell is damaged. Compactness of silicone gel within the implant is thicker than conventional silicone gel implants. They are also rigid than traditional implants, but are thought to be less likely to break. These implants are shaped rather than round & have more extension at the bottom & are narrow towards the top. Employment of gummy bear implants need longer incisions when compared to other types.
- Round Breast Implants: These implants can make breasts appear voluminous than form-stable implants. Greater profile options can obtain even more projection.
- Smooth Breast Implants: These implants can easily move with the breast implant pocket, which may give more regular movement. Smooth implants may have visible motion.
- Textured Breast Implants: These implants enroot scar tissue to stick to the implant, making them less feasible to move around inside of breast & get dislocated. Texturing offers some benefit in tapering the possibility of a tight scar capsule. Manufacturers periodically introduce new types of implants, so there may be several other options accessible as well. Whether one chooses silicone or saline implants, it is essential to monitor them & periodically follow-up with a plastic surgeon for convenient evaluation.
Usually, fat transfer breast augmentation uses liposuction technique to take fat from other portions of body & then insert it into breasts to enhance their size. This is an option for women who desire natural looking results.
In preparing for breast augmentation surgery, patients may be asked to do the following.
- Get a blood test done.
- Take certain medications which are necessary.
- Quit smoking at least one week before surgery for faster recovery.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs as they can increase chances of bleeding during & following surgery.
- Refrain from drinking at least 10 hours prior to surgery.
Patient can use the following checklist as a guide during initial consultation for breast augmentation cosmetic procedure. Some questions which patients generally ask the plastic surgeon.
- Are you a certified plastic surgeon for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Were you disciplined majorly in this field?
- How many years of experience have you had?
- Am I an eligible candidate for breast implant surgery?
- What will be expected of me to get good results?
- Where and how will you conduct my breast augmentation surgery?
- What size, shape, surface texturing, placement site & incision sites are recommended for me?
- How long will it take for me to recover completely & what kind of help will I need during that time?
- What are the potential complications & risks associated with this surgery?
- How are these complications managed?
- How many additional implant operations can I expect over my lifetime?
- Will I be able to breastfeed after surgery?
- What are my alternatives if I am not happy with the cosmetic result of my breast augmentation surgery?
- Do you have breast augmentation before & after photographs that I can look at for this procedure?
Breast augmentation surgery involves the following steps.
- Anesthesia: Certain medications are given to the patient during the surgical procedure. Options include intravenous sedation & anesthesia. Doctor will suggest the best choice for comfort of the patient.
- Incision: Incisions are made in unobtrusive areas to diminish visible scarring. Surgeon will discuss which incision alternative is right for best possible results. Incision options include the following.
- Peri-Areolar Incision: In peri-areolar approach, a semi-circular incision is made around the lower side of the areola (area surrounding nipple).
- Infra-Mammary Incision: This approach is generally used for breast augmentation surgery. An incision is shaped in the crease below the breast where the breast tissue unites with chest wall.
- Trans-Axillary Incision: In trans-axillary incision approach, an incision is made in the armpit to inject the breast implant.
- Inserting & Placing Breast Implant: Breast implants are inserted into a pocket either:
- Precisely behind the breast tissue, over the pectoral muscle or
- Under the pectoral muscle
- Closing The Incisions: Incisions are finally closed at the end of surgery and results of breast augmentation are immediately evident after the procedure.
Based upon the type of implant & degree of enlargement, these incisions may vary from one patient to another.
During the recovery phase, patients will be taken to a recovery area. Breasts will be wrapped in an elastic bandage & support bra will reduce the degree of swelling as breasts heal. The patient may be discharged from hospital within a few hours. Before leaving the premises, they will be given proper guidelines to care for breasts after surgery, important medications to aid healing & how to minimize the risk of infection. Patients may also be advised to wear a support bra for the first two weeks. Normal activity & exercise can resume at the direction of plastic surgeon.
Call to undergo breast augmentation surgery is extremely personal. There are some possible risks of this surgery as well.
- Capsular Contracture: In this case, there is an enlargement of scar tissue near the breast implant. In such a scenario, another surgery will have to be executed in order to replace or remove the breast implant completely.
- Leakage of Implant: Implants may leak or rupture & this may necessitate a second surgery either to replace or remove implants.
- Unevenness or Rippling in Breast Texture: This usually happens when there is a movement of breast implant.
- High Sensitivity or Loss of Sensitivity in Nipple Region: Sometimes it may happen that a patient temporarily or permanently develops high sensitivity or loses sensitivity in nipple region.
- Interference with Mammogram: One should make sure to inform radiology technicians about prior breast implants.
- Bleeding: Severe bleeding may happen in some cases.
- Infection: Infection can be caused around the area of breast implants.
- Symptoms of Immune Diseases: Very rare, but this has been seen in women who have used silicone implants.
- Wrinkling: Wrinkling of the skin over the implant may be seen in some cases.
Breast augmentation results are straight away visible. After some days, post-surgical swelling will descend & incision lines will vanish. Gratification with a brand new image should continue to boost as the patient completely heals from surgery. In order to gain good results, it is necessary for a patient to follow surgeon’s instructions & carry out regular follow-up visits. These breast implants are not created to last a lifetime. Implants may need to be changed. One should plan for regular examination by plastic surgeons to access breasts & implant integrity. One may choose to undergo breast implant once again to restore a fresher contour.
Why is India Best Destination for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Medical tourism in India is a noteworthy destination that has risen from hasty growth of a multi-billion dollar industry, where patients from all around the world are traveling to India to obtain inexpensive & high-quality medical care, while at the same instant vacationing, touring & outright experiencing attractions of this beautiful country. The health sector in India has witnessed a vast growth in infrastructure & has become a flourishing industry furnished with the most recent state-of-the-art technology at its disposal. India is the most acknowledged global destination for breast augmentation surgery due to the fact that it is having a large pool of qualified & experienced medical professionals providing treatments which are at par with the best international standards. Travcure Medical Tourism is a forerunner in the healthcare industry in India. Travcure provides cost-effective services to international patients looking for plastic surgeries including breast augmentation surgery.
To Get Free Quotes & Consultation For This Treatment in India
Call Us: +91-8600044116
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org