Cervical cancer is one of the cancers that affect women worldwide. It is said that those who have Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection
are most likely to develop cervical cancer
. Therefore, it is important to have regular PAP tests
in the early stages for detection of this cancer.
Cervix is a part of the uterus which is also known as the neck of the uterus in the reproductive system of women. It is the very narrow part that connects uterus & vagina. When abnormal cells multiply in the cervix then it may become life-threatening. They soon start rapidly multiplying, & invade other tissues & cells & spread all over the body. Blood is a medium through which cancer spreads across the body, the process of cancer cells migration is known as metastasis.
Causes of Cervical Cancer
It is said that the main cause of cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papilloma Virus which makes severe abnormal changes within the cells of the cervix.
Other causes for cervical cancer
- Early sexual intercourse
- Multiple sex partners
- Impaired immune system
- Excessive cigarette smoking
- Use of oral contraceptives for longer duration
- Infections or STD
Cervical Cancer Symptoms
Early Symptoms of Cervical Cancer Include –
Advanced Cervical Cancer Symptoms:
- Abnormal cervical cell changes (rare)
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding between menstrual periods or after sex or after menopause
- Pain during sex
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Unexplained changes in menstrual cycle
- Anaemia due to abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Continuous pelvic, leg, or back pain
- Urinary problems because of blockage of a kidney or ureter
- Leakage of urine or stool into the vagina. It happens when fistula has developed between the vagina & the bladder or rectum
Types of Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer has the following main types -
- Squamous cell cancer - eight out of ten cervical cancers are these
- Adenocarcinoma - gland cells “Adenomatous cells” produce mucus which are scattered along inside of the endocervical canal
- Neuroendocrine tumor
- Glassy cell carcinoma
What are the Treatments for Cervical Cancer?
- Surgery is the effective treatment of cervical cancer at an earlier stage. It all depends on the size, type & the location of cancer
- Radiation Therapy which is often used with surgery uses high-dose X-rays in the vaginal cavity so as to kill cancer cells
- Chemoradiation is a combination of chemotherapy & radiation which treats both early-stage & late-stage cervical cancer
- Chemotherapy kills or shrinks cancer cells & may be used for treating advanced cancer
Benefits of Cervical Cancer Treatment
, chemotherapy, chemoradiation & radiation therapy are various treatments for cervical cancer. Removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes & pelvic lymph nodes relieve symptoms of cancer. It is the most effective for early stage cervical cancers to increase life expectancy. Chemotherapy
& radiation will kill or shrink the growth of cancer, thereby extend & improve the overall quality of life for patients. HPV vaccination reduces the risk of cancerous as well as pre-cancerous changes of cervix. It is always better to perform regular Pap tests because it shows any changes within cells before they turn in to cancer cells.
Why Choose India for Cervical Cancer Treatment?
India is a destination for a variety of surgeries right from traditional to minimal invasive. Medical facilities & laboratories in India are well equipped with modern computerized equipments
so as to perform diagnostics & surgeries. There are many premium, accredited & super specialty hospitals with state-of-the-art infrastructure. Overall surgery with post-operative care costs is quite affordable in India. Doctors are highly trained
in various types of surgical procedures. Staffs attend patients round the clock & keep check of all their medical needs.
Finding the Best Cervical Cancer Treatment in India
Travcure Medical Tourism
helps you find the best cervical cancer treatment & surgical solution in India. We provide outstanding medical facilities & cost effective treatment packages from top healthcare giants like Apollo, Fortis, Max Healthcare & many more. We have access to top-notch gynaecologic oncologists & cervical cancer experts
. We always ensure that you receive transparent, high-quality, seamless, affordable & hassle-free extensive range of treatment & services.