How Cosmetic Surgery works?
The aim of a Cosmetic Surgery is to improve the appearance as well as to reconstruct an external damage to the body such as a scar or mark on the skin.
works through improving the appearance of the body or a part of it as well as restoring its natural shape through a reconstructive procedure in case of damage sustained from a severe injury, deformity or burns.
These are the most common body parts that people choose to have cosmetic surgery performed on:
- Breasts – Increasing or decreasing the size as well as reshaping the breasts if they sag
- Ears – Reducing the size of abnormally large ears or to reshape abnormally protruding ears
- Eyes – Restore drooping upper eyelids or removing bags from under the eyes
- Face – Facial wrinkles are removed as well as acne scars and creases
- Hair – Hair thickening is used in places where balding is seen
- Nose – Altering the shape of the nose to a desirable shape
- Tummy – Flattening the abdomen as well as making it more firm
Cosmetic Surgery procedures
The term cosmetic procedure is used to define a large number of various procedures that are performed on almost all parts of the body in order to improve their appearance or restore the appearance and functioning of the body parts after a severe injury or post-burns treatment.
These are some of the sub-specialties of cosmetic surgery:
This is an important part of cosmetic surgery and includes body and facial aesthetic surgery
. This type of surgery is often used in almost all reconstructive procedures and also as singular procedures to improve the body’s appearance.
This type of surgery is usually done in two stages. The ‘acute burn surgery’ is performed immediately after a burn injury as a treatment method and is followed by a ‘reconstructive burn surgery’ after the burn wounds have healed.
This surgery is further divided into pediatric and adult craniofacial surgery. The treatment of congenital (birth) abnormalities and defects in a child’s craniofacial (faces and head) skeleton and the soft tissues comes under the pediatric craniofacial surgery. This includes treatment of pediatric fractures, cleft lip and cleft palate.
An adult craniofacial surgery deals with fractures and secondary (reconstruction) surgeries of the face and head region.
This type of cosmetic surgery deals with severe injuries and chronic diseases that affect the person’s hand and wrist. This also includes correcting birth disorders that affect a person’s upper exptremities and the peripheral nerves. This surgery involves replant of amputated hand or wrist as well. A hand surgery is important to restore function and movement in the hand and wrist if a severe burn injury causes the skin to pucker and restrict or limit motion.
This is usually a reconstructive procedure that aims to graft missing tissues through replacing it with a piece of healthy tissue and reconnecting the severed blood vessels. Breast reconstruction
, neck and head reconstruction, brachial plexus surgery and hand surgery/re-plantation are generally used.
Pediatric plastic surgery
At times the medical disorders seen in children vary from that seen in adults. There are a number of congenital (birth) defects or disorders that are present in childhood. The pediatric plastic surgery aims to correct these congenital defects and to improve the appearance when required. Cleft lip, congenital hand deformities and craniofacial abnormalities are commonly treated with pediatric cosmetic surgery.
Here is a list of some common cosmetic procedures:
- Breast Revision – Also known as ‘breast implant replacement’ this surgery involves removal and replacement of breasts with saline-filled or silicone breast implants. This surgery is performed to change the size and shape of your breasts as well to correct any abnormality from a previous breast augmentation procedure. This surgery is aimed towards improving the contour and size of your breasts.
- Breast Augmentation – Also known as ‘breast enlargement’ and ‘augmentation mammaplasty’ procedure this surgery is useful in increasing as well as restoring breast size using implants of silicone gel or saline solution-filled. This is one of the more popular types of cosmetic breast surgeries.
- Breast Lift – Also known as ‘mastopexy’ this procedure is used to tighten sagging or uneven breasts, reduce the volume of the breasts and nipples in order to give a more youthful appearance to the body.
- Lower Body Lift – Also known as ‘belt lipectomy’ this is a useful procedure after a dramatic weight loss or in case you face frequent weight fluctuation which result in sagging skin in the lower body region. This surgery aims at tightening the buttocks, thighs, abdomen and hips and improving their appearance. The surgery involves removing the loose skin that looks unwanted and restricts movement in some cases. This surgery is efficient when you are at your ideal weight and do not plan to have pregnancies in the future.
- Liposuction – Also known as ‘body contouring surgery’ or ‘lipoplasty’ this procedure aims to surgically sculpt your body by removing remaining packets of fat from the buttocks, thighs, hips, calves, abdomen, ankles, breasts, back, legs and arms. This surgical procedure is often combined with other cosmetic procedures.
- Tummy-Tuck – Also known as ‘abdominoplasty’ this surgery is useful in flattening your abdomen through removal of loose and excess skin as well as fat and also by tightening the abdomen muscles. This surgery can also remove most of the stretch marks from the lower abdominal area.
- Facelift – Also known as ‘rhytidectomy’ this procedure is a comprehensive method to treat facial wrinkles and sagging skin caused by aging. This surgery can be done in the conventional way or as a minimally invasive manner. A facelift procedure aims to remove excess skin, tighten sub-coetaneous tissues and muscles as well as tightening the skin of the face and neck to remove wrinkles and creases. This surgery is helpful in correcting mid-face sagging, jowls, double chin and marionette lines.
- Nose Reshaping – Also known as ‘rhinoplasty’ or ‘nose job’ this surgery is useful to alter the appearance and size of the nose in case you desire to have a differently looking nose through improving the appearance of the nose. The surgeon will add or remove bone and cartilage from the supporting nasal structure through a conventional method or a sub-nasal (minimally invasive) technique.
- Hair Transplantation – Also known as ‘hair restoration’ or ‘hair replacement surgery’ this is useful for artificially implanting the patient’s own hair follicles in balding areas to increase the volume of the hair in that region. This is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries of today.
- Laser Hair Removal – Also known as ‘laser hair reduction’ this method is a convenient and efficient method of permanent hair removal from the body and face. This treatment of hair removal is preferred due to its non-invasive method and its effectiveness in removing unwanted hair from a large area.
- Hand Rejuvenation – Also known as ‘hand enhancement’ this surgery is useful in removing the signs of aging seen on the hands. This procedure involves various techniques that aim to remove wrinkles and creases from the fat in order to give it a more youthful appearance by giving it a more improved skin texture.
- Fat Transfer – Also known as ‘fat injection’ or ‘fat grafting’ this procedure aims to improve the body’s appearance through reshaping it more desirable contours by harvesting excess fat from other body parts and injecting it into the thighs, buttocks, hands or breasts.
Who is a candidate for Cosmetic Surgery?
You are considered an ideal candidate for a cosmetic surgery if:
- You wish to reshape your face or body to more proportionate levels
- You wish to improve the appearance of your body and face
- You have loose and excess skin in the body due to a pregnancy or abrupt weight loss
- You wish to alter you appearance in general
- You wish to reconstruct your skin after an injury or burn to make it normal in appearance
- You have had a stable weight since the past six months at least
Benefits of Cosmetic Surgery in Goa
Cosmetic surgery is certainly beneficial to the body and mind as it helps improve your appearance.
The physical benefits of cosmetic surgery are:
- Desired body shape and contours are achieved
- Deformities are corrected
- Movement and function is also restored
- Body appears new and more attractive
The emotional benefits of cosmetic surgery include:
- Regain self-confidence
- Boosts self-esteem
- Rejuvenates you
- Restores normal daily activities
Cosmetic surgery in Goa is also beneficial in many ways. There are a large number of cosmetic specialty clinics and hospitals in Goa that are well-known for their global-standards of quality in treatment. These clinics and hospitals are equipped with the best medical and surgical instruments to assist the highly experienced cosmetic specialists in managing all kinds of cosmetic surgeries in the most efficient way possible.
Complication of Cosmetic Surgery
As is seen in many major surgical procedures there are certain risks and complications that are seen in cosmetic surgeries as well. Different factors are responsible for giving rise to the different kinds of complications, such as:
- Anesthetic complications such as pneumonia and blood clots
- Infection at the incision site
- Internal fluid leakage
- Bleeding (mild hemorrhage)
- Skin breakdown
- Nerve damage may cause tingling sensation or numbness
Connect with Travcure Medical Tourism Consultants for Cosmetic Surgery in Goa
Travcure Medical Tourism
Consultants are the frontrunners in managing all types of cosmetic surgery cases for patients visiting from abroad for plastic surgeries in Goa. Travcure consultants are well-versed in guessing all the requirements of the patients according to the individual’s needs and specifications to ensure a smooth and hassle-free surgical experience. Travcure is known as the provider of the best and most efficient cosmetic surgery package
at the most affordable cost in Goa.