Senior ENT Surgeon In Delhi
Apollo Hospital, New Delhi/NCR
Dr. Ameet Kishore is a graduate of the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune and was awarded the medal for ENT. He obtained his higher surgical training in ENT Surgery in the UK and attained Fellowships of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh as well as the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
DR. Kishore was then appointed Consultant and Senior Lecturer at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary University Hospital, a post he held for a number of years. He has also travelled to various centres in the USA and Europe as part of his training.
His areas of interest are diseases of the ear (deafness, dizziness), nose and sinuses as well as paediatric ENT. He has expertise in microscopic ear surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, lateral skull base surgery, cochlear implants, bone anchored implants and implantable hearing aids (implantation otology).He returned to India having spent over 12 years in the UK.
He is a Senior Consultant surgeon in Ear, Nose, Throat and Neurotology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He has started the hearing implant programme for children and adults and is the Cochlear Implant team leader. He has performed over 300 cochlear implants in the last 4 years alone.
He has full certification as a specialist in ENT Surgery by the UK General Medical Council, and has been on the panel of a number of leading international insurance companies.
Specialization: Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT)
- Neurotology & Cochlear Implantation
- Microscopic Ear Surgery
- Endoscopic Nose & Sinus Surgery
- Paediatric ENT
- Medical Qualification: M.B.B.S. Armed Forces Medical College, Pune – 1990
- F.R.C.S.(ENT) Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Glasgow – 1995
- F.R.C.S.(ENT) Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh – 1995
- F.R.C.S. (ORL – HNS) Intercollegiate Board in Otolaryngology, UK – 1999
Over 20 years of experience obtained in UK, Europe and USA – in all aspects of ENT. Competent in the management of all conditions of the ear, nose and throat – in both children and adults.
Otology & Neurotology (Conditions of the ear, hearing and balance)
Trained extensively at leading centres in UK, Europe and USA in ear surgery.
Have large experience in Otology to treat diseases of the ear: such as ear discharge, ear drum perforation, chronic otitis media, chronic mastoiditis, cholesteatoma and hearing loss occurring due to these conditions. Routinely carry our microscopic ear surgical procedures : tympanoplasty, myringoplasty, ossiculoplasty, stapedotomy / stapedectomy and mastoidectomy.
Experienced in a variety of neuro-otological and skull base procedures. Am competent in the medical and surgical management of dizziness and facial paralysis. Experienced in the surgical management of acoustic nerve tumours, glomus tumours and other lateral skull base surgery. Well equipped with advance surgical tools such as high speed drills, nerve monitoring system, microscopes and lasers.
Cochlear Implants, Auditory Brainstem Implants & Bone Anchored Hearing Aids
Trained at the National Centre for Cochlear Implantation (UK) since 1995 and thus have extensive experience in management of deafness with cochlear implantation. The above experience has empowered me to set up the cochlear and hearing implant programme (for children and adults) in Delhi NCR. Have a series of over 450 cochlear implant procedures in the last 6 years.
Also provide Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA) and Vibrant Soundbridge middle ear implants as options for patients with hearing loss. Am one of the first surgeons in India to have independently carried out Auditory Brainstem Implantation, in both child and an adult.
Head and Neck
Experienced in the management of salivary gland disorders including salivary gland endoscopy, submandibular and parotid gland surgery as well as thyroid gland surgery. Well versed in microlaryngeal surgery and phonosurgical techniques for hoarseness.
Endoscopic Nasal, Sinus and Skull base surgery
Routinely perform endoscopic nasal and sinus surgical procedures with large experience in Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS). Well equipped with specialised tools such as endoscopic camera systems, microdebrider, Balloon Sinuplasty, radiofrequency and lasers.
Also perform advanced endoscopic procedures such as orbital decompression, optic nerve dcompression, dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR), sphenopalatine artery ligation, endoscopic closure of CSF leaks and endoscopic pituitary tumour surgery. I have experience in the use of Surgical Navigation Systems for Sinus and Skull Base surgery.
My training at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow has empowered me to manage childrens’ ENT disorders. Am competent in the management of the child with common problems as tonsils, adenoids, glue ear as well as with noisy and difficult breathing (stridor) and other conditions that affect the paediatric airway (breathing passage).
Am experienced in the complete range of procedures that may be necessary in the surgical management of a child with airway problems : such as laryngo-bronchoscopy, lasers, paediatric tracheostomies, cricoid splits and laryngotracheal reconstructions with costal cartilage grafts.
Deafness, Hearing Aids, Therapy for Hearing and Speech disorders
I work very closely with my team of audiologists, hearing and speech therapists at our Speech – Hearing & Cochlear implant Centres. We have set up programmes for neonatal (newborn) hearing screening at Apollo Hospital and other medical centres, which is paramount for the early detection of hearing impairment in babies.
Facilities for complete comprehensive testing for children and adults with hearing impairment are available, and all options for the management of hearing loss are discussed. We have the expertise to fit a variety of external and implantable hearing devices. Expertise in hearing therapy and speech therapy with the team of trained therapists ensures we obtain the best results possible.
EXPERIENCE / APPOINTMENTS
- Director & Chief Consultant, ADVENTIS (Advanced ENT Service), 19 Deodar Marg, DLF- I, Gurgaon
- Sr. Consultant in Otolaryngology & Neurotology
- Clinical Coordinator for Dept of ENT, Lead Cochlear Implant Surgeon
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi, India
- Consultant Otolaryngology (ENT) Surgeon & Hon. Senior Lecturer April 2002 to Sept 2005
- Department of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery Glasgow Royal Infirmary University Hospital, UK
Specialist Registrar Surgeon in Otolaryngology (ENT) Oct 1995 to April 2002
West of Scotland Hospitals, UK worked for over 6 years through various hospitals in the region. Super-speciality experience obtained at the following Centres:
National Centre for Cochlear Implants, Crosshouse Hospital – Cochlear Implantation
Glasgow Royal Infirmary – Microscopic Ear Surgery & BAHA surgery
Gartnavel Hospital (Glasgow) – Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Head & Neck Surgery
Victoria Royal Infirmary (Glasgow) – Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Laser Surgery
Institute of Neurological Sciences (Glasgow) – Neuro-otology & skull base surgery
Stobhill Hospital (Glasgow) – Ear Surgery
Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Glasgow) – Paediatric ENT
Basic Surgical Training Jan 1992 – Oct 1995
My basic surgical training was composed of 2 years of Otorhinolaryngology and 20 months of Surgical training in General, Plastic & Paediatric Surgery.
- Cochlear Implantation : National Centre for Cochlear Implants, Crosshouse hospital, UK
- Neuro-Otology & Skull Base Surgery : Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow, UK
- Paediatric ENT : Royal Hospital for Sick Kids, Yorkhill, UK
- Cochlear & Vibrant ME Implants: ENT Klinik, Univ of Wurzburg, Germany
- Micro Ear Surgery : Causse Clinic, Beziers, France
- Ear & Skull base surgery : Gruppo Otologico, Piacenza, Italy
- Ear & Sinus Surgery : New York Ear and Eye Infirmary, USA
- Endoscopic Sinus & Micro ear Surgery : Univ. of Zurich, Switzerland
- Cochlear & Auditory Brainstem Implants : Manchester Royal Infirmary. UK
- Microscopic Ear Surgery : Portmann Institute, Bordeaux, France
Teaching and Continuing Medical Education
My appointment as Hon. Senior Lecturer at the University of Glasgow involved a regular teaching commitment towards undergraduates and postgraduates. I continue to teach at a number of courses and workshops as faculty. Have over 30 publications in peer reviewed journals, and book chapters. Present widely at local, national and international conferences and meetings.
- AOI gold medal for the best Consultant paper 2011
- TWJ Fellowship to visit the Causse Clinic, Beziers 2003
- Silver medal for the best paper presentation at the Annual Conference of Neuro-otological & Equilibriometric Society, New Delhi 2001
- Travel grant, Section of Otology, Royal Society of Medicine 2001
- Travelling Fellowship, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2001
- Scottish Otolaryngological Society prize for the best Registrar presentation at the annual S.O.S. meeting, Dumfries. 1999
- Downs’ Temporal Bone Dissection Competition (1st Prize) 1996 (Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, London ).
- Downs’ Temporal Bone Dissection Competition (2nd Prize) 1995 (Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital , London ).
- Glasgow Temporal Bone Dissection Prize 1995 (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow).
- Cruden Temporal Bone Prize 1995 (Scottish Otolaryngological Society)
- Anil Chadha memorial medal for Otorhinolaryngology (AFMC) 1990
- Merit Award in Surgery (AFMC) 1990
- Merit award in Otorhinolaryngology and Ophthalmology (AFMC) 1990
- Ashok Kumar S.Patel memorial medal for Pharmacology (AFMC) 1989
- Cochlear Implant Group of India (Jt. Secretary)
- Indian Society of Otology
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India
- Neurotological – Equilibriometric society of India
- European Academy of Otology & Neurotology
- British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngology