Director Renal transplantation & Urology at Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, Delhi, India
- MBBS, MS. DNB (gen surg) MCh. DNB(Urol)
- Training in ESWL: 1999. Henri Mondor Hospital Paris. France
- Training in Cryo surgery: 2001: University Hospital. Virginia. USA
- Training In Andrology. 2002. Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. USA.
- Training in green light laser prostate surgery: 2003. Kings Hospital. London.
Dr.(Col) Rajeev Sood has more than 23 yrs of distinguished services with the Armed Forces and more than 20 years of super specialization in Urology. He graduated from the Armed Forces Medical College, in 1976. He is a Gold medalist through MBBS, MS and MCh. As a surgeon, he was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal by the President of India for performance beyond the call of duty. While with the Armed forces he has the credit of doing the first cadaver renal transplant and the first laproscopic live donor nephrectomy in the Armed Forces. He took voluntary retirement from the Armed Forces in the year 2003. As a renal transplant surgeon he has to his credit more than 800 renal transplants. He is the driving force behind the Laser Prostatectomy programme in the country. He started Holmium enucleation prostate (HOLEP) in the year 1999 and later was the first to launch the High energy Green light laser prostatectomy programme in the country in 2003. He has been active in the academic field and has been faculty at numerous Indian and International conferences and operative workshops, with numerous publications to his credit.