Sr. Nephrologist & Director Nephrology services, Apollo Hospital, Bangalore
- MBBS, 1975, Mysore University
- M.D, 1981, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- DM, DNB, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore
- FRCP, Fellow Royal College of Physicians, London
- FISN, Fellow of Indian Society of Nephrology
Dr. Gokulnath is an Eminent and Senior Nephrologist. He has more than three decades of experience in the Specialty. He has vast experience in the field of Nephrology Transplantation and was Professor Head of Nephrology at St John’s Medical College for over a decade before joining Apollo hospitals. He has been the president of various professional bodies, important amongst which are the Indian Society of Peritoneal Dialysis and the Indian Society of Nephrology-Southern Chapter. He has been part of many national decision making bodies in the field of nephrology & transplantation, as well as, has been a member and chair of Committees drafting guidelines for treatment of kidney diseases For his contribution in the field of Nephrology while serving in the Indian Air force, he has received the presidential Award from president of India in the year 2000 (VSM).
- Chairman Decision making academic Bodies of Nephrology
- Member: Indian Best Practice Guidelines for CKD 2005.
- Convener: Updates if Indian Best Practice Guidelines for CKD 2012.
- Core Committee member for Indian Guidelines for Bone Mineral Diseases.
- Core Member: PD working group - Improving PD practices in India.
- Member of Sub- Group formed by FICCI for development of Standard Treatment Guidelines for selective common disease conditions in the country.
- Member: Zonal Coordination Committee of Government of Karnataka for Organ Transplantation (ZCCK).
- Key Opinion Leader Transplantation in India – recognized by The Transplantation Society.
- Member: Expert Committee for framing guidelines for use of Vaptans in Nephrology