Consultant Plastic, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgeon
- M.S (General Surgery)
- M.Ch (Plastic Surgery)
Dr Milind Wagh is a qualified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon with an extensive experience of more than 20 years. He did his undergraduate training and completed his MBBS from Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai in 1987 with a distinction in Gen. Surgery. He did his post-graduate training in General Surgery at the Nair Municipal General Hospital affiliated to the same Medical College and completed his M.S (General Surgery) in 1991 securing the 2nd rank among all candidates in the Mumbai University examinations. In 1992, he joined the super-speciality course for the M.Ch (Plastic Surgery) degree at the LokmanyaTilak Municipal Medical College and LokmanyaTilak Municipal General Hospital (Sion Hospital), Mumbai completing the same in 1994 with the first rank in the Mumbai University examination. His teacher and guide was the Internationally renowned Plastic Surgeon, Professor RavinThatte. He received the rare honor of being accepted as a Clinical and Research Fellow for training in advanced Microsurgery at the world renowned Bernard O’Brien Institute of Microsurgery, St.Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia under one of the finest microsurgeons in the world, Professor Wayne Morrison. Dr Wagh has excelled in the entire spectrum of Cosmetic surgical procedures from face-lifts, blepharoplasties, ear-shaping, rhinoplasties and other facial cosmetic surgeries to body contouring and cosmetic breast surgery. He specializes in body-sculpting procedures, breast reshaping and surgical facial rejuvenation.
He is also one of the pioneers in India for body re-contouring procedures following Massive Weight Loss after bariatric procedures or dietary control.
He is a full member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the apex body for qualified and trained cosmetic surgeons all over the world. He has been the ETHICON Professor in Cosmetic Surgery of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI) for the year 2010. He is Deputy Editor of the Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery for the last 8 years. He is also a member of the Executive Council of APSI.
Awards and Merits
- Hargobind Foundation Fellowship for the year 1997 for advanced training in Microsurgery.
- Birla Smarak Kosh Scholarship for the year 1997 for advanced training in Microsurgery.
- First Prize in the All-India APSI Quiz in Plastic Surgery at the 28th National Conference of APSI, Bangalore,1993.
- Special award for paper presentation and content in the APSI Best paper category at the 28th National Conference of APSI Bangalore, 1993.
- Nominated for the Best Residents’ Award for the year 1990-91, Nair Hospital.
- Dr R.T.Desai Prize for securing the highest marks in Surgery for M.S (General Surgery) registered candidates.
- Dr R.L.Shah’s Prize & Dr A. L. Nair and M. Venkatrao’s Prize for securing the highest marks in Surgery at III MBBS University Exam, Oct 1986.
- Master Vishwanath Sambhoo Scholarship for securing the highest marks in Surgery at the competitive Exam in Surgery, held by T.N.M. College in 1986.
- Felicitation reward of the North Canara Goud Saraswat Brahmin Community in November 1998.