CEO and Managing Director of Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaun
Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaun.
- M.B.B.S. K.G. Medical College Lucknow, 1968 U.P., India
- Diplomat, American
- Board of Surgery U.S.A 1977
- Diplomate, American
- Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery U.S.A. 1979
Dr. Naresh Trehan, the CEO and Managing Director of Medanta - the Medicity, is one of the leading cardiologists of the country. He has served as personal surgeon to the President of India since 1991. With over 50,000 cardiac surgeries and innumerable contributions in the field of cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery, Dr. Trehan is known to be a full-of-life and a high-spirited doctor who lives his life multi-dimensionally. His contributions are highly respected and recognized by the medical society today across the globe. After graduating from King George's Medical College, Lucknow and completing his internship at Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, he completed his diploma from the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the United States at New York University Medical Center. After obtaining his degrees, Dr. Trehan privately practiced at N.Y.U. Medical Center. In 1988, he returned to India to set up Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre. He started practicing heart surgery under the guidance of Dr. Frank Spencer at New York University and today is ranked among the top-notch cardiologists in India. His gave his best in the field of healthcare. His major contribution has been in the realms of cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery, where he made the best standards of healthcare available at an affordable cost. He is the founder of Medanta - a multi-super specialty institute that not only offers state-of-art medical facilities, but also boasts of cutting-edge surgical technologies and superlative healthcare service.
- Padma Bhushan Award by President of India in recognition of distinguished service in the field of Medicine in 2001.
- Padmashri Award by President of India in recognition of distinguished service in the field of Surgery in 1991.
- Doctor of Science Honoris Causa at the "18th Convocation of the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi" in March 1996, for recognition of his attainment and position of eminence and contributions made by him for the country and the people of India.
- Doctor of Science Honoris Causa is conferred on the occasion of the convocation of the Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur, 4 March 2004.
- Honorary Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, Australia in 2002.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Award in the services category for yeoman services to the healthcare industry.
- Doctor of Science, being conferred by King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, on 22 January 2007.
- Dr. B. C. Roy Award from the Medical Council of India in 2002.
President of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (ISMICS), Minneapolis, USA.
Member of Society of Thoracic Surgeons of U.S.A. Member of the Scientific Council of the American College of Angiology, U.S.A.
Fellow Royal Society of Medicine, London. Fellow American College of Surgeons, USA.
Fellow International Medical Sciences Academy. Member of Board of Directors of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Minneapolis, USA.
Appointed as member of the Editorial Board of the Journal “Heart Surgery Forum”, Charlottesville, VA, USA.
Council Member of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia.
Member of The European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery. Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industries - Healthcare Industry Committee. President, Indian Health Care Federation.
Member, Key Advisory Group, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
Vice Chairman, Services Export Promotion Council, Govt. of India. Member, Task Force on Skill Development, XIth Five Year Plan, Planning Commission, Govt. of India.
Member, Governing Council TIFAC (Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council), New Delhi.
Member, Institute Body of Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow from 1996-2001.
Member, Governing Council of Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore, India.