Senior Bariatric & General Surgeon
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital & Bhatia Global Hospital, New Delhi/NCR
MBBS , MS - General Surgery , FICS , FMAS , F.R.C.S-Bariatrics , FIMSA , FIAGES , FALS , FCLS
Dr. Parveen Bhatia is a leading laparoscopic surgeon in India, specializing in Minimal Access (Key-Hole), Bariatric (Weight-loss) and Robotic Surgery. For more than two decades, he has been a thought leader and a driving force behind the advancement of Minimal Access Surgery in the Indian Subcontinent.
Dr. Bhatia received his degree in Medicine from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1982. After which he pursued a Masters in Surgery at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Delhi University, New Delhi. His quest to be at the cutting-edge of surgery, led him to some of the most prominent Surgical Institutes in the world. Where he trained with eminent personalities in the field of Laparoscopic Surgery such as Dr. Livingstone (USA), Dr. John Hunter (USA), Dr. Mc Kernan (USA), Dr. M. Oghami (Japan) and Dr. Barry Salky (USA).
He has authored three books - “Laparoscopic Hernia Repair - Step By Step Approach”, “Art of Endosuturing” and “Comprehensive Laparoscopic Surgery”. He serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS).
His surgical expertise and flair for teaching has accorded him invitations to over 500 National and International Conferences and Workshops on Laparoscopic, Bariatric & Robotic Surgery.
- Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (CRSA)
- Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI)
- Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
Awards & Honors
- Manav Seva Puraskar of (IES) Institute of Economic Studies presented by H.E. Mr. Korn Dabbarnasi, Hon’ble Former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand at Bangkok on January 13, 2011.
- 'eMedinewS Distinguished Speaker of the Year 2010' Award at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi on January 9, 2011.
- Delhi Medical Association (DMA) Academic Excellence Award presented by Hon'able Shri L. K. Advani.