Director of Cataract & IOL Services and Corneal & Refractive surgery at Sankara Netralaya, Chennai
33+ Years Special Interest: Cataract & IOL Surgery , Corneal Diseases , Laser Refractive Surgery
Dr. Prema Padmanabhan completed her medical graduate degree from Maulana Azad Medical college, New Delhi, in 1978, MS (Ophthalmology) in 1981. She underwent fellowship training in Vitreoretinal surgery between August 1981 and July 1982 in Medical Research Foundation, a unit of Sankara Nethralaya, where she is currently a Senior Consultant.
She has published 75 papers in peer reviewed national and international journals and has also written 5 chapters in various ophthalmic books. She has delivered more than 90 lectures at various national and international conferences as an invited guest speaker.
- She was appointed as “Honorary surgeon to the President of India” in 1998.
- She was appointed as “Global Ambassador” for Wavelight (Erlangen, Germany) in recognition of her achievements and contributions towards the advancement and education of Refractive Surgery.
- She was awarded the Sir Rustom Ranji Oration Award and
- She is recipient of “Dr Jones Oration Award” under the aegis of Association of the International Medical Women Association in 1998.
- Dr. Prema Padmanabhan has received a special gold medal award for her outstanding contribution in the field of ophthalmology from Union Minister for Shipping G.K.Vasan
- She was awarded the Sir Rustom Ranji Oration and she is recipient of “Dr Jones Oration Award” under the aegis of Association of the International Medical Women Association in 1998.
- Cataract & IOL Surgery
- Laser Refractive Surgery
- Vitreo Retinal Surgery