Medical Oncology, Mumbai, India.
M.D., F.I.C.P., F.N.A.M.S., U.I.C.C., I.R.C.E.T.T.
Senior Consultant, International Oncology Centre, Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr Suresh Advani is a famous oncologist who pioneered stem cell transplantation in Mumbai as well as all over India. He studied at Grant Medical College, Mumbai and then completed his Masters in oncology. He gained experience in the field of bone marrow transplantation from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre, Seattle, Washington.
Dr. Suresh Advani is a leading oncologist of India with 25 years of experience. Since 1974 he has been involved with Medical Oncology / Hematology with strong interaction with other clinical branches and basic scientists. Dr Suresh is known to be the first oncologist in India to have successfully done a bone-marrow transplant. He transplanted bone marrow into a nine-year-old girl down with myeloid leukemia, from her brother.
Dr. Advani is also chief Investigator for acute Lymphoblastic leukemia project support by National Cancer Institute, Washington and chronic Lymphatic project supported by Department of science and Technology.
- Awarded Nazli Gad-el-Mawla Award by The International Network for Cancer Treatment and Research (2005)
- Recipient of the prestigious Dr. BC Roy National Award by Medical Council of India (2005)
- Awarded Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International (2005)
- Recipient of the prestigious “PADMASHRI” by Government of India (2002)
- Recipient of the prestigious “Dhanvantari Award” for outstanding contributions to medicine (2002)