Director, Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliairy Sciences, Fortis Hospital, Noida, Mohali and Escorts Delhi.
- Dr. Vivek Vij completed his M.B.B.S. from B.J Medical college, Pune
- M.S. from Govt. Medical College & Rajendra Hospital Patiala, in 1997 and 2001 respectively.
- He completed his DNB in 2003
- Completed MRCS (Ed.) from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in March 2003.
- He was the only candidate from India to be selected in 2005 for prestigious Roche Preceptorship training program in University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
Dr. Vivek Vij is a very reputed liver surgeon in India. He has set up Centre for Advanced Surgery and research (CASR) at Fortis Hospital, Noida to provide world class care to patient of liver, biliary and pancreatic diseases. He has performed more than 500 liver transplants as one of the chief surgeons with minimum complications. As one of the pioneers in India for Liver transplant, he has performed combined liver kidney and dual transplants as one of the firsts in India. He has performed a whole range of advanced GI surgical procedures including Whipple's pancreaticoduodenectomy to colonic interposition in corrosive injuries. He has also performed more than 200 nontransplant liver resections including radical cholecystectomies and segmental liver resections.
- Member of International Hepato-Panreato-Biliary association (IHPBA), one of the leading international associations of HPB and Transplant surgeons.
- Member of International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS), a leading association of liver transplant surgeons.