Director and Coordinator Department of Cardiovascular Surgery Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, Okhla Road, Okhla Road
MBBS, MS, M.Ch (cardiology)
Dr. Z S Meharwal, Director and Coordinator, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, has 25 years of experience in cardiac surgery with over 15000 surgeries to his credit, including complex coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), valve, valve + CABG and redo procedures.
- Part of the founding team of Doctors at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Dr. Meharwal has been one of the core team of Doctors responsible for the global recognition earned by Escorts Heart Institute as a centre of excellence for clinical cardiac sciences.
- He has worked as Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at Prestigious King’s College Hospital in London.
- He is the Programme Director of DNB (Diplomate National Board) Cardiothoracic Surgery at Escorts Heart Institute.
- One of the few surgeons performing complicated surgeries like aortic aneurysm and dissection.
- He also has to his credit of performing coronary artery bypass surgery on 94 year old patient which is the oldest patient to undergo CABG.
- He has been conferred with various awards including President’s award for his contribution in the field of cardiac surgery.
- Citation Award by the President of India “Sri APJ Abdul Kalam” on the occasion of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Meeting - 2002.
- Saharanpur Aditya Samman-by Government of UP for contribution in Medical Field – 2005.
- Listed in Marquis, who is who in the world 2005.
- Entered into Limca Book of Records-2008 for performing Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery on 94 year old man who is the oldest patient to undergo CABG surgery.
Make Appointment Now