Breast Augmentation (Implants) – An Overview
Breast augmentation using implants helps in reshaping the breasts to normalcy after a mastectomy for breast cancer as well as to reconstruct the breasts in order to correct a congenital defect that affects the breast shape and size.
This is a completely cosmetic procedure that is done to improve the breasts’ appearance by improving their size, shape and firmness.
The implant used for breast augmentation is classified into three different categories according to the filler material used:
- Saline solution – This is constructed of a shell of an elastomer silicone that is filled inside with a sterile saline solution.
- Silicone implant – This is also made of an elastomer silicone outer covering but contains a thick silicone gel inside.
- Composite filler – This implant also consists of an outer silicone elastomer shell filled with polypropylene string, soy oil or any similar substance.
Breast Augmentation Implant procedure:
The surgeon will first discuss the extent of change that can be given to your breasts. After the shape and size of the implant is selected you will be given a general anesthesia so the surgeon can perform the surgical procedure without any form of pain or discomfort to you during it.
The surgeon will make incisions in the lower part of your breasts (or along the underarm) that gives easier access to place the implant. The surgeon will first insert a tissue expander to make adequate space (also known as ‘implant pocket’) for holding the breast implant in place. This tissue expander is then removed and the implant is placed and fixed to the proper place.
The surgeon will then stitch the incision close. The surgeon might attach drainage tubes to your operated breasts for draining any excess fluid which might get collected.
Cost comparison of Breast Augmentation using Implants in USA, Mexico, Thailand and India
India has the world’s largest network of global-standard hospitals and clinics that are spread over every major city, such as Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, etc. which makes a trip to India very convenient. Apart from the convenience these comprehensive healthcare facilities also provide the best, most modern and efficient treatment and surgeries, with the help of the most-experienced cosmetic specialists. All these facilities come together to make India a convenient, efficient and cost-affordable destination for getting the best breast augmentation surgery using implants. This makes India a more preferred choice for thousands of people every year as compared to USA, Mexico and Thailand.
What are the advantages of a Breast Augmentation surgery using Implants in India?
These are several advantages of a breast augmentation surgery using implants in India:
- Smaller incisions required as compared to conventional breast reconstructive surgery
- Implant is mostly preferred as the shape and size can be chosen even before the surgery
- Large variety of breast implants types available, categorized by the material used as filler inside the elastomer silicone shell
- It helps improve the aesthetic and form of your breasts significantly
There are several rare risks and complications that you might face after undergoing a breast augmentation implant surgery, such as:
- Implant rupture can occur after a long period of time which will require a re-surgery for placing another implant to replace it.
- Capsular contracture can occur around the implant in certain, cases which causes the immune system of the body to weave a covering of thick collagen fibers around the implant and put undue pressure on it. This results in pain in the breast.
- Hematoma (bleeding after surgery) is also seen in some cases.
- Seroma is caused when excess fluid gets collected in the operated region.
- Infection may occur at the incision site.
- Scarring might be seen for a longer time in some patients.
Why choose Travcure Medical for Breast Augmentation surgery using Implant in India?
Travcure has a vast experience in managing completely and efficiently every patient’s itinerary in the best manner. Travcure is well-known for planning availability of facilities and amenities for the patient and their family beforehand, as a result of the vast experience. Travcure is widely acclaimed to be one of the best medical tourism experts with a long list of successful breast augmentation surgeries using implants and other cosmetic procedures in their belt. Travcure is well-connected to the large network of global-class cosmetic specialty hospitals and clinics in all major Indian cities to ensure that every patient gets the best, most efficient and completely affordable cosmetic surgery in India.