Radiation Therapy is a popular medical intervention which is used to treat diseases like cancer. This procedure involves using high-intensity radiation beams to serve the purpose. These beams are capable enough to destroy cancerous cells in patient’s body. Patients struggling with cancer do not need to worry regarding pain and discomfort. Radiation therapy is a painless procedure. Patients are exposed to a device which emits powerful radiation. This procedure is usually carried out several times to wipe out cancer from its roots.
What Should You Know Before Undergoing Radiation Therapy ?
Patients should know the following important things before they decide to undergo radiation therapy treatment.
- Time Interval – Patients should be ready to visit the hospital whenever respective cancer specialists ask them. They should take off from their work until their cancer treatment gets completed. It will reduce their stress to a great extent.
- Tattoo – Respective cancer specialists may tattoo small dots on patient’s skin for targeting specific cancerous areas. It will minimize the risk of damaging nearby healthy tissues and cells.
- Skin Changes – Radiation therapy may have several negative effects on patient’s skin. Targeted skin region may become inflamed and reddish. In most instances, doctors provide essential ointments and medicines to help reduce such problems.
- Side-Effects – Radiation therapy may result in side-effects such as dryness of mouth, nausea, hair loss, bloating, and weakness in body. Patients should understand that such side-effects are bound to occur after treatment. They have to learn dealing with them in a positive way. They should adopt a healthy lifestyle and take medicines prescribed by their doctors.
- Healthcare Measures – Living an active life after completion of radiation therapy is a must. Patients should indulge in exercising regimen to stay fit in long run. Otherwise, it has been observed that cancer may recur if patients fail to follow guidelines of doctors.
Patients must discuss regarding entire radiation therapy procedure and possible solutions with their doctors before signing the consent form.
Best Benefits of Availing Radiation Therapy in India
India is recognized as one of the best cancer care facilitators across the world. This country has a large number of super specialty hospitals that provide best beneficial outcomes following various cancer treatments including radiation therapy. As a matter of fact, radiation therapy cost in India is extremely feasible as compared to developed nations. Indian hospitals charge just one-third of the total money which other nations like United States usually charge. In addition to this, majority of Indian doctors follow international protocols and norms to ensure patient’s good health. Therefore, you can count on such reliable and unmatched services and avail radiation therapy in India.