Blood vessels are thin tube-like structures which are mainly responsible for transportation of oxygenated blood throughout the body. Arteries, capillaries, veins and sinusoids are the four major blood vessels that form circulatory system and maintain normal flow of blood in body. Any type of blood vessel disorder can negatively impact the regular blood circulation process and result in serious health problems. Timely diagnosis and appropriate medical treatments are key factors that can help patients in retaining a good quality of life.Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery Can Effectively Treat Your Blood Vessel Disorders.
What is Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery?
Minimally invasive endovascular surgery is a medical procedure which is used to treat various blood vessel disorders. Unlike traditional surgeries, it is performed with the help of a small incision or needle puncture that significantly minimizes the chances of serious postoperative complications. In addition to this, recovery time following this surgical approach is also less.
Conditions Which Can be Treated using Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery
Patients suffering from the given category of blood vessel disorders can largely benefit from minimally invasive endovascular surgery.
- Aneurysms – An aneurysm is a health condition that occurs due to abnormal swelling in arteries that supply nutrients-enriched blood to entire body. This condition may prove life-threatening if not treated at proper time. Minimally invasive endovascular surgery can easily repair swollen areas and provide relief to patients.
- Carotid Artery Disease – This condition develops due to accumulation of plaque in respective carotid arteries and increases the risk of several health issues such as stroke and brain damage. Minimally invasive endovascular treatment can considerably help in removing these blockages and improving patient’s health status.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease – Peripheral arterial disease may come in existence when arteries that are present in leg region get clogged. It may cause uneasiness during walking and may result in severe disability over a period of time. Doctors may recommend minimally invasive endovascular treatment to such patients.
- Venous Disorders – Venous disorders primarily refer to painful condition of veins. This surgical procedure can be implemented to treat some major venous ailments like deep vein thrombosis and varicose veins.
Diagnosing Blood Vessel Disorders
Respective neurosurgeons may begin the diagnosis by asking some general yet important questions to patients. For example, neurosurgeons may ask patients regarding their medical history and health supplements which they take on a daily basis. Apart from this, respective neurosurgeons may order the following specialized tests in order to confirm the type and severity of blood vessel disorder.
- Brachial Index Examination – During this diagnostic test, respective doctors measure blood pressure of patients in their ankle as well as in arms. They compare the readings carefully to figure out whether there exists any problem in normal flow of blood.
- Blood Tests – Respective doctors may recommend a couple of blood tests in order to analyze cholesterol and sugar levels in patient’s blood.
- Echocardiography (ECG) – Echocardiography test can significantly help doctors to mark the regions where blood flow is not proper. This procedure involves the use of prominent sound waves to create detailed pictures of patient’s heart.
- Computed Tomography Scan – Computed tomography (CT scan) is a painless medical procedure that uses x-rays for creating high-quality images of patient’s blood vessels inside their entire body. This imaging technique helps doctors to thoroughly evaluate patient’s overall condition.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Test – Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedure is almost similar to computed tomography except for the fact that it uses radio waves and strong magnetic fields to generate the precise images of patient’s underlying blood vessels.
- Stress Testing – Surgeons may advise patients to undergo a stress test to find out the functioning of heart muscle and flow of blood to it. Patients just need to run on a treadmill or do simple exercises while surgeons note down their heartbeat rates.
Preparing for Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery
Respective neurosurgeons may ask patients to follow the below-mentioned guidelines prior to their minimally invasive endovascular surgery. It will definitely help them stay fit and accelerate the healing process in future.
- Medical Checkup – Doctors may recommend a complete medical check-up to patients prior few weeks of their surgery in order to understand their current state of being.
- Medicines and Drugs – Neurosurgeons may ask patients to stop certain medicines which they normally consume for additional health issues. They may prescribe some new medicines and drugs for improving their health before they undergo minimally invasive endovascular surgery.
- No Smoking – Patients who smoke are highly prone to various postoperative complications. Therefore, it is crucial for them to quit smoking before their operation.
Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery Procedure
Minimally invasive endovascular procedure is a simple procedure which can be treated with the help of following steps.
- Needle Puncture – Generally, this procedure is performed by making a needle puncture in major blood vessels.
- Insertion of Medical Instruments – Surgeons use thin medical instruments or devices to reach the specific area of interest which needs to be repaired. In most instances, a medical device known as ‘catheter’ is used to serve the purpose. Catheter has a camera on its one edge that allows surgeons to access precise location of impaired blood vessel.
- Removal of Blockage or Swelling – Surgeons continuously monitor the condition of blood vessel on a screen which is being treated. Once the internal blockage or swelling is dissolved, surgeons close the incision. This step marks the completion of minimally invasive endovascular surgery.
Depending on patient’s healthcare needs, respective doctors may use stents or balloons and certain medicines instead of catheter.
Risks and Complications Associated with Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery
Minimally invasive endovascular surgery is a safe procedure and rarely results in serious complications. However, there still remains a minor risk of development of following post-surgical complications.
- Infection – Patients may get a severe infection at incision site. Surgeons may recommend antibiotics to help relieve patients from such problems.
- Bleeding – In rare instances, patients may encounter slight amount of bleeding.
- Fever – Fever is the most common complication that can arise following a minimally invasive endovascular procedure. Patients may notice a significant change in body temperature within a few hours. They should immediately contact respective surgeons for medical help.
- Blood Vessel Damage – In extremely rare cases, blood vessel of patients may get damaged. Prompt surgical measures can help treat such issues.
Patients should discuss the complete procedure with respective neurosurgeons along with its potential complications and their solutions prior undergoing the surgery.
Recovery Following Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery
Patients may have to spend a day or two in health care centers following minimally invasive endovascular surgery. In some cases, surgeons may allow patients to go home within a couple of hours after completion of surgery. Complete recovery will hardly take 2 to 3 weeks of time. Patients may experience weakness during the initial recovery phase. Respective neurosurgeons are likely to provide them a diet chart and some essential medicines to cope up with the weakness. They should avoid doing exhausting physical tasks and driving until the surgeons allow them. Most importantly, patients should visit their respective doctors at frequent intervals and attend follow-up sessions to increase the chances of smooth and speedy recovery.
Avail Best Minimally Invasive Endovascular Surgery in India with Travcure
Travcure Medical Tourism is one of the highly acknowledged healthcare facilitators across the world. Medical experts at Travcure are associated with top-class accredited multispecialty clinical centers and finest neurosurgeons in India who are renowned for their outstanding contribution in medical field. They provide a vast range of neurological treatments such as minimally invasive endovascular treatments at most economical prices. Unlike hovering healthcare expenses charged in developed countries like United States and Australia, minimally invasive Spine surgery cost in India is extremely affordable. Travcure offers a free online medical consultation to international patients and designs most befitting cost-effective treatment packages. They help international patients throughout their medical treatments as well as during the postoperative period even when they return to their native countries. Travcure strives hard to make the healthcare journey of overseas patients a hassle-free one. Therefore, international patients can totally depend upon superlative healthcare solutions offered by Travcure Medical Tourism for availing best minimally invasive endovascular surgery in India.
To Get Free Quotes & Consultation For This Treatment in India
Call Us: +91-8600044116
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org