TrueBeam Advanced Technology Radiation Treatment System is utilized as a treatment for cancer. This is a type of radiation treatment which works with high-speed & accuracy while avoiding healthy tissues & organs located nearby the target. Typically designed for complex cases of cancers of the brain, lungs, breasts & stomach, TrueBeam Technology can also be used as a treatment of cancers of the prostate & liver along with a number of other cancers which are generally treated with radiation therapy.
More about TrueBeam IGRT System
TrueBeam IGRT System effectively combines real-time tracking, imaging & treatment with respiratory gating in order to streamline the entire operation. With help of this integration, doctors can now offer advanced cancer treatment options like Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), and Rapid Arc & Gated Rapid Arc & Calypso Beacon tracking procedures. TrueBeam, in fact, is a versatile technological advancement which can provide cancer patients with treatments that are more suited for their specific cancer & unique requirements.
Working on the TrueBeam advanced technology radiation treatment system involves the head of the machine rotating around the patient’s body in order to precisely deliver radiation from all angles. TrueBeam provides doctors with real-time imaging so as to direct high doses of radiation with absolute accuracy. Respiratory gating technology of TrueBeam gives doctors the ability to synchronize beams of radiation with the patient’s breathing at the same time. Like for instance, doctors would, in fact, treat a moving lung tumor in a patient as if it was standing still. Moreover, TrueBeam’s respiratory gating technique will also ensure protection to organs & healthy tissue located nearby from unnecessary damage due to radiation.
Hallmarks of TrueBeam
High-speed & precision are the basic hallmarks of the TrueBeam Advanced Technology Radiation Treatment System.
- TrueBeam can deliver treatments 75 percent faster than other competitive advanced radiation delivery machines.
- ‘Intelligent’ automation in TrueBeam results in a 5-fold reduction of steps which are required for imaging, positioning & treating patients through competitive devices.
- With TrueBeam, standard intensity-modulated radiotherapy treatments which typically take 10 minutes of time can be completed in less than two minutes.
- Complex radiosurgery treatments which typically take 40 – 60 minutes of time through other devices can be completed within 5 – 10 minutes with help of TrueBeam.
- TrueBeam’s Rapid Arc technology means that cancer treatments can be completed in just about 1 minute of time.
- TrueBeam system performs accuracy checks at every 10 milliseconds throughout the entire treatment procedure.
- TrueBeam system’s precision is measured in increments which are less than 1 millimeter.
- Over 100,000 data points are continuously monitored during treatments provided by TrueBeam system in order to ensure complete safety.
TrueBeam System is Fully Equipped
TrueBeam Advanced Technology Radiation Treatment System can make receiving radiation therapy a comfortable experience. Most TrueBeam treatments take just a few minutes in a day. Eventually, this means that patients spend lesser time on treatment couch while motion during treatment is remarkably reduced. Moreover, TrueBeam is very quiet during the operation, while inbuilt communication technology makes it possible for the patient to interact with the operating clinicians during the procedure. Apart from this, TrueBeam is also equipped with two closed-circuit television systems so that the operating clinicians can see & hear the patient at all times.
Affordable TrueBeam Cancer Treatments with Travcure
Travcure Medical Tourism is a globally reputed healthcare service provider which is associated with top medical professionals & the most advanced internationally accredited hospitals in India which are equipped with TrueBeam cancer treatment facilities. International patients seeking a high quality of advanced medical treatments at affordable costs can avail treatment packages with Travcure & save substantial amounts of money while undergoing treatments which are at par with the best in the world.