What is Tummy Tuck procedure all about?
A tummy tuck procedure, also known as an ‘abdominoplasty’, is a surgical procedure that helps remove excess fat and sagging skin from the abdomen after pregnancy or significant and drastic weight-loss. This surgical procedure helps tighten the skin and make the abdomen firmer.
When should I choose Tummy Tuck procedure?
A tummy tuck procedure is best suited when a person is in prime health state.
This procedure can help women achieve a tight and flat tummy after having undergone several pregnancies. This procedure is useful in flattening the tummy by removing excess fat from the abdominal walls and also by tightening the sagging abdominal muscles.
This is also very useful for patients who have undergone various weight-loss procedures that have dramatically reduced their tummy size which leaves the skin to become loose and sag around the belly.
Are there different types of Tummy Tuck procedures?
Tummy tuck procedure, or abdominolasty, is categorized into various types depending upon the extent of the surgery.
These are the different types of abdominoplasty:
A complete abdominoplasty involves:
- Making an incision from one side of the hip to the other, just above the pubic region.
- Incision is made to release the navel from the surrounding skin.
- The skin is separated from the abdominal wall to reveal the underlying muscles and fascia that are then tightened using stitches.
- The surgeon might perform a liposuction to match the contours of the abdominal structure more smoothly.
- A compression garment is used to soak up any excess fluid from the surgery site.
A partial abdominoplasty is performed by:
- Small incisions are made above the pubic region.
- The underlying muscle and fascia are accessed by removing the fat and skin along the abdominal wall in a limited manner. The excessive skin is removed and the remaining skin is stretched down to cover the space.
- The doctor might also consider shifting the naval lower down the abdominal wall.
- The necessary tightening of the muscle and fascia in the abdominal wall is done.
- At times liposuction is required to correct the contour of the abdominal wall.
- The doctor closes the incision with sutures.
This procedure entails performing a complete tummy tuck along with a lateral thigh-lift procedure. This procedure involves all the steps followed in a complete abdominoplasty as well as tucking in the excess fat and skin from the top of the waist so that the contour blends in perfectly to the thigh area.
High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty
This procedure not only uses lateral incisions as required in a conventional abdominoplasty but also uses a vertical incision along the lower tummy to tighten the tummy muscles and skin in a better way. This provides the patient with a flatter tummy and well-shaped waist-line.
Floating Abdominoplasty (FAB)
This procedure is also known as an ‘extended mini abdominoplasty’ and uses a small incision in the region below the belly button to remove excess fat and skin underneath as well as tighten the abdominal muscles, after separating the belly button from the skin below. The doctor is likely to reattach the belly button below the original position to give a better look to the tummy.
This procedure involves performing a complete abdominoplasty and a buttock lift at the same time. This requires the doctor to remove excess fat and skin from all around the waist and is often called a ‘Belt Lipectomy’ or a ‘Body Lift’ procedure.
Are there any risks or complications with a Tummy Tuck procedure?
As with any kind of major surgical procedure the tummy tuck procedure also might induce certain risks or complications, such as:
- Pain or Swelling – Post surgery the doctor will usually prescribe painkillers to decrease the risk of swelling and to alleviate any pain, if experienced by the patient.
- Numbness – Numb tummy and waist along with a little bruising can be seen after the surgery.
- Infection – The doctor will prescribe the required antibiotics to reduce and control infections.
- Blood clot – The doctor will prescribe certain blood-thinning agents to reduce the chances of blood clot due to inactivity after the surgery for a few days.
- Internal hemorrhage – To stop internal bleeding the doctor is likely to use compression garments for the first week to drain any excess fluid from the surgery area.
Why to get Tummy Tuck procedure done in India?
A tummy tuck procedure is a delicate operation that requires extensive expertise on the surgeon/doctor’s end to be successful completely. The doctors and cosmetic surgeons in India
are well known worldwide for their vast experience in handling even complicated abdominoplasty
procedures which are performed with the help of the latest in surgical and medical technology. These doctors and surgeons are further supported by the large network of hospitals and cosmetic clinics that are in every major city of India. Along with incorporating the most modern medical facilities the tummy tuck procedure in India is performed for the lowest possible cost as compared to any other country. The main advantage to choose India to get a tummy tuck procedure is the low cost of the surgery combined with the assurance of the best-experienced doctors and surgeons.[free_quotes_and_consultation]